What is LiNC?
The Libraries in Niagara Cooperative (LiNC) was established in 2010. This cooperative library consortium, consisting of one college and four public libraries, was created to share an open source library catalogue system called Evergreen and eliminates the need for individual LiNC member libraries to select, mount, manage and upgrade a singly owned library system.
LiNC is a collaborative venture and succeeds due to the efforts of its members. LiNC’s integrated library system is housed and managed in one location, and LiNC’s libraries contribute annually to costs associated with the integrated library system. Costs to manage a comparable proprietary system would be significantly more.
In June 2017 we added resource sharing between LiNC libraries. FAQs for LiNC resource sharing.
LiNC Member Libraries:
- Fort Erie Public Library
- Centennial Branch, Fort Erie 905-871-2546
- Crystal Ridge Branch, Ridgeway 905-894-1281
- Stevensville Branch, Stevensville 905-382-2051
- Lincoln Public Library
- Fleming Branch, Beamsville 905-563-7014
- Moses F. Rittenhouse Branch, Vineland 905-562-5711
- Niagara College
- Welland Campus Library, Welland 905-735-2211 ext. 7767
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus Library, Niagara-on-the-Lake 905-641-2252 ext. 4413
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
- Niagara-on-the-Lake 905-468-2023
- Pelham Public Library
- Fonthill Branch, Fonthill 905-892-6443
- Maple Acre Branch, Fenwick 905-892-5226
- Thorold Public Library
- Thorold 905-227-2581