Explore our curriculum based book lists and our book club sets for classroom use
Curriculum book lists:
- Five Senses
- My Community
- Plants/Plant Life Cycle
- Pumpkin Life Cycle/Pumpkins
- School is Cool
- Simple Machines
- Water Cycle
Book club sets:
Teachers and staff members of educational or youth organizations located in Pelham are eligible for a Educational Youth Organization card which provides no overdue fees and an extended loan period for materials to be used in classrooms or within organizations serving youth.
To find out more about applying for a teacher card please refer to the Educational Youth Organization Card Policy on our Library Policies page or print off a copy of the Educational Youth Organization Card Contract and return to either of the Pelham Public Library locations.
Visiting the Library or inviting Library staff to your classroom is a fantastic way to encourage your students to get excited about books and reading. It also connects your students with all of the useful resources freely available at the public library. We are able to work with groups of all ages, from preschool to Grade 12.
To arrange a visit, please fill out our class visit request form.
A few helpful guidelines to keep in mind:
- Please allow one month in advance to book class visits, tours, and story times
- Structured programs are 45 minutes in duration
- If possible, please provide us with a range of dates for your visit so we can find a mutually agreeable time
- We try to tailor our visits as much as possible so they are useful for your students. Please give us as much information as you can on your current unit or theme.
- Supervision by teachers is required.
- Please note that we are unable to provide any special services or assign staff to classes that arrive at the library without an appointment.