Due to lower staffing levels during curbside service, the Library will not be accepting any book donations until further notice. (December 23, 2021)
Donated books are sold in the Fonthill branch Book Sale Room and at our semi-annual book sales. We only accept items that can be resold.
Donations can be dropped off at either Pelham Public Library location. Please call ahead to make delivery arrangements when the donation is a large quantity.
Donations are only accepted during branch open hours.
Criteria for donating materials:
We can use:
- gently used, recently published books
- adult, young adult, and children’s books
- paperbacks and hardcovers
- regular print and large print
- bestsellers and recently published fiction & nonfiction
- classics (in excellent condition please)
- CDs, (please: no scratches)
We are unable to use:
- books with broken bindings or pages, or sections missing
- mouldy, damp books
- books marked with highlighter or pen
- paperbacks with yellowed or brittle pages
- books with outdated information (e.g., health, law, computer or business books more than 2 years old)
- encyclopedia sets or textbooks
- vinyl records
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- any material copied from originals
- videos & cassettes
- computer software
Please note that we do not issue tax receipts for donated books.