Curbside Pick Up
We are still offering curbside pickup during our Short Stay, Limited Services phase.
However, if you would prefer to come in the library and browse for own materials that is available too!
CURBSIDE PICKUP ETIQUETTE
- Make sure you know your order number or have your Library card with you.
- Call the Library or ring the doorbell if you do not see staff at the door.
- Staff will place your items on the table outside the door.
- Do not place returns on the pickup table. All returns must be put into the drop box.
- Please wait to approach the pickup table until staff have re-entered the Library.
- Maintain proper social distancing (2 metre separation) from other individuals picking up materials.
- Use your order number or the last five digits of your library card to locate your items.
- Do not touch any Library items that are not your own.
- No entrance into the Library will be allowed, with the exception of booked appointments for computer access.
1. I placed a hold on an item two days ago that the catalogue had marked as available. Why haven’t I received notification that my item is ready for pick up?
We apologize for the longer wait times. We are working to adjust to this new service and it may take longer than usual to receive items. If it becomes an unusually long wait, please contact the Library and we will look into the issue.
2. I received an email/text notification that my hold is ready for pick up. When can I pick up my item?
Please review the curbside pickup hours, locations, and etiquette. Make sure you know the last 5 digits of your Library card number when you arrive at the Library.
3. I usually browse for my Library items. What can I do?
4. The item I want is not located at the Library I use. Can I have it delivered from a different location? Or, can I request an inter-library loan?
Delivery between some LiNC libraries is running at this time. If the item is located at a different Pelham Public Library branch or at a participating LiNC location (Fort Erie, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Thorold) it will take more than a week for the delivery. If the item is at West Lincoln Public Library you will need to contact them directly to find out what services they offer. Inter-library loans are not available at this time.
5. How are you insuring that Library items are safe to borrow?
We are taking every safety precaution to ensure community members and Library staff stay safe. Staff must stay home if they present any symptoms of illness. All returned Library materials are being quarantined for 96 hours (as recommended by Niagara Public Health) after they are retrieved from the drop box. Library staff are washing hands, using hand sanitizer, and wearing face masks when handling any Library items. They are also being assigned to individual work stations, following cleaning protocols, and maintaining social distancing from each other and the public. As a precaution, you may wish to quarantine Library materials you pick up for an additional 96 hours before use.
6a. I cannot make it to the Library to pick up materials. Can I have materials dropped off to my home?
If you are unable to come to the Library because you are homebound or you are on home quarantine, please give us a call during open hours. We will make arrangements to have Library staff or a volunteer deliver the materials to your doorstep.
6b. How do I return my materials if I am homebound or on home quarantine?
Call the Library during open hours and we can arrange pickup. If you are on self-quarantine due to suspected COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact us to extend the due date.
7. How many days do I have to pick up my holds?
Materials that are unclaimed will be checked in and put back into circulation after a week.
8. I returned my items two days ago in the drop box and I still see the item on my record. How can I ensure that you received the item and that I won’t be charged overdue fees for the days between drop off and when you check in the item?
Returned items will be quarantined for four days, but with the limited hours staff will be working, there may be a longer time period prior to check in. Fines incurred after the items were placed in the drop box will be removed.
9. I usually check out 20 DVDs at one time. What is the current limit?
Depending on the demands of the service, the Library may need to limit the number of items permitted per library card/family.
10. I noticed items placed on hold are checked out prior to pickup. Is the item due from the date of check out or from the date of pick up?
Items picked up through curbside pickup will have a longer due date to ensure you can enjoy the item for the normal borrowing length.
11. I borrowed a Launchpad for my child and instructions on the item state that it cannot be dropped off in a drop box. How do I return this item when the Library is closed?
Launchpads must be returned directly to Library Staff at the door during open hours.